Monday, September 12, 2011

Long way to go

I read this post about a year ago, and it has stuck in my head.  I think of it often, and how I could incorporate, just a little, some of this into my life.  Doesn't it sound like fun?  Unfortunately, I often allow myself to become bogged down in the muck of my own responsibilities.  I really struggle to look up and see the bigger picture.  I have also found myself with a certain internal ache, because while I love the idea of doing such lovely gestures for strangers, I realize I don't do enough for the people close to me whom I love so dearly.  Sure, I am doing all day long.  But not with my heart in the right place.  Doing to get it done isn't really the way I want to live! 

To start, I'm getting a care package ready for my mom.  I wish I could say it is a totally random-I-love-you! kind of package, but not so.  She is always helping me out, even though she lives far away, and I don't do enough to thank her.  So, really, this one is just long over due.  But, it sure is a step in the right direction.


I really hope these end up in my care package....because I really didn't want to take them off...obviously, I've got a long way to go with this.

No comments: