Friday, September 16, 2011

Embracing the 11 year old

It has been on my heart  to step away from the computer.  Unfortunately,  I was weak!  I turned the darn thing on and couldn't resist reading a few blogs--and embracing the camera.  When my son sensed a disturbance in the force (an electronic device is on!), he asked for 'some computer time' (ya know, since it was on already--ugh!)  I salvaged what I could at the time, and used this teachable moment to bribe him into taking some pictures with me.  You see what bribery gets you :)


He seems more man-sized every day and while I love watching him become his own person, I tend to miss that little guy who needed me!  At least that little guy in my mind, because really, this kid has only ever seemed to need me to clean stuff and occasionally to find his stuffed giraffe.  He had his own mind from the day he was born.  He is his father all over, and nothing pleases me more.

Now if you'll excuse me...someone else needs the computer :)

No comments: