Friday, September 2, 2011

Embrace the Camera

Today I came across an awesome blog inspiring those photographers among us to get in the front of the camera once in a while.  I love this!  I am definitely the one taking pictures at our house, and from time to time I've messed around with tripods and timers and tried to get in on the action.  Despite cringing at all my flaws (and a renewed will to start working out)-I am always so glad to have these pictures.  

I took this picture with a tripod and remote when my youngest was just a few weeks old.  I can still clearly remember the chaos involved to get it and I'm not sure I even bothered to shower.  Still, so very worth it.  It gets harder to believe every day that she was ever this small.


And this is from this morning...

I'm still in my jammies, and because she is still in the midst of potty training, she is often in this stage of dress--naked.  But, when I got inspired to 'embrace the camera' I jumped right in.   I did, though, have a bit of a scuffle after another child, who had been distracted by crayons, realized what fun we were having.  So, we experimented, too.  And I love this partial hug shot.


Thank you, Mrs. Anderson, for the inspiration!

2 comments:

emily anderson said...

that last picture needs to go in a frame!
it's adorable (they all are, but i'm loving the last one!)

so glad you joined us!

Lovely Little Nest said...

I agree; that last pic is adorable!

By the way, I just booked a wedding for 2012 and I'd love your input on which lens{es} I should consider purchasing!

http://lovelylittlenest.blogspot.com/2011/09/lens-help.html

Thanks!
Natalie :)