Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Today was my first day back at the old grindstone.  My grade school age kids have been at it since last week, but today was the first real day for my preschooler.  It's amazing how easy the transition was.  When I realized how on top of things I felt, I put together that this will be our 6th year at this preschool.  So, it only takes 6 times until I know what the heck is going on.  Nice.


My little curly Q ran off without any ceremony at drop off, and gave me big attitude when I told her there wasn't any preschool to go back to after lunch.  An additional joy was found while running errands with just my youngest, who previously has made every outing a bit of a nightmare.  Seriously.  Yet today, she was a joy!  Sound the trumpets!!  What a triumph!

I'll keep this short and sweet because our computer is on the fritz and also because my rump spent so much time in the car dropping off and picking up kids today that the very last thing my varicose vein laden legs need is to park my rump in front of the computer all night (it really belongs in front of the TV ;)  The only thing that will make this week better is a swing by Starbucks for a pumpkin spice latte, and maybe hitting the lottery.

No comments: