Monday, August 29, 2011

Making the Most of It

Today is our last day of summer, and as I pondered the past few months I realized what a great time we've had.  We didn't manage a traditional family vacation, but we made the most of it, anyway.  And, we did a lot of investigating...

What might happen if one was brave enough to jump into the pool without floaties?


What's the difference between a moth and a butterfly?  (try here)  A monarch and a viceroy? 
(try here)  Can we catch 'em?

 
Where do fireflies live?  What do they eat?  (try here)
Can we catch 'em? 



It's amazing what you can find in your own backyard if you just take the time to look.  And it's amazing what you can find in your own small town if you just take the time to find out what's there.  We have a really fun minor league stadium, and this week was the first time we went there.



We also have a developing arboretum, and today we stopped by there, too.


Unfortunately, when we got there and I opened the door to the car, I knew I had made a mistake.  It was like springing the cage on a bunch of wild monkeys.  Suddenly, I was chasing the kids down, pulling them off of structures and out of water features and wagging my finger at them with a scowl.  We came home and mellowed out and made up and decided I had crammed in all I could.  We've made the most of our summer.

No comments: