Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On Sleep Deprivation

I have yet to recover from a camping trip we took last week.  I love all the components of the great outdoors:  hiking, fishing, swimming, camp fires, tiki torches, s'mores, ya know, all that stuff.  But, afterwards, I usually need to crash in a warm, cozy bed and get a good nights sleep.  I don't know what it is, but after the sun goes down, the outdoors gets LOUD.  Every crack and snap is a bear or skunk or rabid raccoon or vagabond out to get me.  Or worse, my kids.  So, when friends, and awesome hosts, invited us to their local campsite, I was hesitant.  We certainly had a fantastic time, but I've been short on sleep ever since.




We followed up the camping with some ill timed travel and finally spent last night doing laundry in the wee hours after our wee one had a wee accident...I'm now trying to salvage what's left of any creative juices to prep for a family birthday this week.  I'm not sure if I'll get these made, or these, but they sure look like fun...and no sleep + parties & sugar makes for a great first week of school, right?  I thought so.

No comments: